About Terry Magady
A father of three, Terry Magady understands firsthand the challenges of navigating the legal system on the behalf of a disabled family member. Twenty-four years ago, Terry's daughter Danielle was born with Down Syndrome, and he was thrust firsthand into a legal and medical maelstrom.
Where others would see an obstacle, Terry found a passion. He began seeking innovative solutions to complex situations, with the goal of helping his daughter live a fulfilling life. And that goal was met; his daughter is now married and living independently.
Danielle was the impetus for Terry founding the Elder Law Center, and that same passion fuels his elder law practice. Terry brings a unique personal perspective to aggressively pursuing his clients' goals. He is determined to make the extra effort, to solve problems creatively and to leave no stone unturned.
Terry is one of only 7 attorneys in Los Angeles County certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation. He is also one of only 75 attorneys nationwide selected as a member of the prestigious Council of Advanced Practitioners, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys' designation for the most highly regarded elder law attorneys in the country.
- University of Southern California, J.D.
1986 (Law Review)
- Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, M.P.A., 1981
- Occidental College, B.A.
1978 (Phi Beta Kappa)
Advanced Elder Law Educator and AuthorTerry is dedicated to educating other attorneys in the field of elder law. He has led many Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) seminars, including "Advanced Elder Law with Terry Magady." He is a featured author in the CEB treatise California Elder Law Resources, Benefits, and Planning: An Advocate's Guide.
- Certified Elder Law Specialist,
National Elder Law Foundation
- Member, Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Chairman, Elder Law Committee, Beverly Hills Bar Association's Trust & Estates Section
- Former Member, Los Angeles County Personal Assistance Services Council, which oversees the In-Home Supportive Services program
- Voted California "Super Lawyer"
- Beverly Hills Bar Association's Board of Governor's Award
- Etta Israel Center Leadership Award for Inclusion on behalf of People with Disabilities
- Member, Board of Directors, Westside Regional Center
- Member, Board of Governors, Beverly Hills Bar Association